Author Topic: PCDRCUI.EXE Application Error Window  (Read 40383 times)

Offline newyorkmba

I downloaded the trial version of PC Dr then started experiencing problems, including the blue screen of death. 

Uninstalled PD Dr but every 15 minutes or so I get a popup window stating pcdrcui.exe - application error (the application was unable to start correctly).

I need to fully delete this program because it is causing me all sorts of computer issues, including the fact that continually turns off my McAfee firewall.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Robert M

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Robert,

Could you please provide the link where you downloaded the trial version of PCDr?  Could you also provide the full name and version (if available) of the software downloaded and installed?

Thank you,
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline newyorkmba

Thank you for the reply.  The website: www.pc-doctor.com

I downloaded the software yesterday 04.04.2012 - unknown which version (I have since uninstalled it).

I have now uninstalled the Dell Support Center software because I was getting the aforementioned error window every 13 minutes on average.  I rebooted my computer ans reloaded the Dell Support Center software from Dell at:
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home?c=us&l=en&s=gen

Started the Dell Support Center again and encountered the same error message  :(

- Robert M

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Robert,

If you downloaded DSC from Dell's site yesterday, you were most likely using version 5907.23.
Could you please send me the contents of the logs directory in a personal message via these forums? 

to get the files open the run command (press the windows key and the r key)
when the run window appears type in %programdata%
There should be a pcdr folder.  Double click the folder to open it
There should be a 5907 folder.  Double click the folder to open it
You should see a logs folder.  If you right click on this folder a menu should open, within the menu there will be a send to entry with an arrow, move towards the arrow to expand the menu options and select compressed folder.  When complete there should a logs.zip folder in the 5907 directory.  This is what I need.

I may have a temporary solution for the crash you keep seeing, but I need to know what operating system you are using so that I can give you the proper steps, so please include that as well.

Thanks,

James_PCD

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Robert,

I received your log.zip from the forum admin. I am not sure why I didn't get them, but that is another issue for me to deal with.

I will pass your logs onto our engineers to review and possibly root cause.  Now for the crash that you keep seeing.  Though I am not sure of the cause of the crash you should be able to bypass it by removing the scheduled tasks in Windows task scheduler.  Follow the steps below:
1.  click on the start icon (windows icon) usually located on the left most side of the task bar on the bottom of your desktop.
2.  In the search box type in Task Scheduler.
3.  Once displayed, click on Task Scheduler to launch
4.  Once open, select the Task Scheduler Library, the center view of the page should update.
5.  There should be three (3) entries for DSC which you can disable and they are (PCDEventLAuncher, PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask, and SystemToolDailyTest).

Please let me know if this does not address your "crash."

Note:  We are currently working on an updated revision of DSC which should be released in the near future.  Once released I will let you know so that you can try the newer version to see if it addresses your issue.
James_PCD

Offline newyorkmba

Thank you James, I disabled all 3 tasks in Task Scheduler.
This temp fix appears to be working.

Robert M
 ;D

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Robert,

That's good news!  I will let you know when there is an updated revision of DSC made available.
James_PCD

Offline laurentje

I have here on my Dell 540 the very same situation but on module pcdrsysinfodirect.p5x
since about a week.
What's happening now?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello laurentje,

You can follow the steps that I provided to in a previous post to disable the scheduled tasks, this should stop the crash message from appearing every x minutes.
A new version of DSC,5907.29, was released last week and can be obtained at <<http://content.dellsupportcenter.com/updates/aulauncher.exe >>. 
This version was not intended to fix a crash within sysinfodirect module, but may inadvertently address the issue you are having.  We do have our engineers looking into the issue to root cause and come up with a fix for the crash.

Edit:  As stated above we are working on root causing the crash with the sysinfodirect module.  Once we have root caused the issue an update will be scheduled.  Once the update has been released I can send you a PM to inform you of the released updated.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:37:03 am by James_PCD »
James_PCD

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Robert, Laurentje,

We have root caused the issue that is causing this crash and believe that we have a fix in place.  We are currently validating the fix and plan for an update to be released the early part of next week.  I will post again once the update has been released.

Thank you again for your patience in this matter.
James_PCD

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Steps to reschedule the scheduled task:

Follow the steps below:
1.  click on the start icon (windows icon) usually located on the left most side of the task bar on the bottom of your desktop.
2.  In the search box type in Task Scheduler.
3.  Once displayed, click on Task Scheduler to launch
4.  Once open, select the Task Scheduler Library, the center view of the page should update.
5.  There should be three (3) entries for DSC and they are (PCDEventLAuncher, PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask, and SystemToolDailyTest).
6.  Right click on SystemToolDailyTest click properties, select the trigger tab.
7.  Select the only item displayed and click the edit button below.
8.  Change the start date to be two weeks from the current date.
9.  Repeat the steps 6-8 for PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask

I will post when the update has been delivered.

James_PCD

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you again for your patience while we root caused and developed a fix for the crash that many of you have reported.  The update to fix the crash can be obtained one of two ways, see below:

1.  Downloaded at http://content.dellsupportcenter.com/updates/aulauncher.exe.  Launch the application once downloaded.

2.  Launch the UI, the crash will be seen again and can be ignored.  The internal updater will appear on screen.  Follow the steps and the fix will be downloaded and applied.
James_PCD

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello everyone,

A customer felt that it may be worth mentioning that the problem was still seen on their system after the patch was applied until the system was rebooted. 
The need for a reboot was not seen during our testing, or we would have included that in the steps above.
James_PCD